“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has”
– Margaret Mead
Do you all remember the “Avatar” movie? Well, it is real, do you remember how you felt while watching it – the magic, the destruction, the connection, the betrayal? Do you remember the very end when the natives had to leave their land? Do you remember why the bad guys wanted and destroyed their land?
Let me tell you these very things have happened throughout history, and within the last 50 years we have hit extremes. It’s the things we do every day that cause this, the demand we put on industry to supply and the demand industry put on us to consume. In the end the things we consume aren’t the things that make us happy and there a reason for that – We are all connected.
80 acres of rainforest is destroyed every minute so we can shop and feed our oil dependency. In 1970 there were 9 million indigenous peoples in our Amazon now 11,000 are left trying to survive. That’s 8,989,000 gone in 45 years, that’s the majority of the people, their culture, their knowledge, their connection, magic and life force energy -The rain forest is called the lungs of the earth for a reason.
The answers to making this all better are available. So many people and movements are already happening, the knowledge on how to live a purposeful life is spreading. Now, we have to come together and implement these new ways. The “how” is already out there, the “why” is very clear and the “who” is us.
Start with you, your home, your habits, your awareness, your values, what you take in daily (food, heart and mind). I believe we can do it and so does all the people out there doing their best every day to lead an example, do the research and experiment.
If you’re still with me, thank you. I would now like to introduce you to my friends at ARC, they are a team of Canadians, Americans and Peruvians working together working to save threatened Peruvian rainforest habitats acre by acre. We are passionate about preserving and conserving habitats to protect biodiversity and enhance the survival of wildlife, species, and ecosystems. ARC is a registered Canadian charity.
- Tambopata, Peru is world renowned for its unusually high biodiversity (e.g. over 1200 types of butterflies, 592 types of birds).
- According to many scientists, this region has the last and final block of intact tropical rainforest land in the world.
- This last and pristine biodiverse habitat is in jeopardy. The construction of the 2575 kilometres Interoceanic highway in 2011 opened previously remote and inaccessible areas of the Amazon to exploitation by people flooding the area.
- Conservation of primary rainforest – ARC currently cares for 1,416 hectares (3,500 acres) of land and plans a large conservation zone.
- Research – we are collecting meaningful biological data that will be used to influence legislation designed to protect wildlife and their habitats.
- Education – we teach students about the importance of the Amazon rainforest.
Protection of critical species – we protect many flora and fauna species in particular hardwoods being logged to extinction.
- Watch the min-doc that our president put together for you
Why you should care
Global market forces threaten the very existence of the Amazon rainforest, despite scientists having determined it plays a key role in the basic functioning of the planet.
Preventing deforestation helps mitigate climate change, which affects the health and well being of families and economies throughout the world. Peru does not have the financial means to curb destruction to its rainforest.
How you can support us
- Your donation allows ARC to conserve and protect land that might otherwise be damaged from illegal gold mining and other activities.
- Your support allows us to build a research centre so scientists from around the world can collaborate on research and education.
- Your donation will allow us to transition the lives of illegal miners to a more sustainable livelihood.
- Share or join an Elemental Growth group or use promo code: ARC100 for a FREE breakthrough session, valued at $195.00
- Purchase all of your Cocoa and Chocolate goodies from https://tribechocolate.ca/ – We recommend the Cocoa Nibs
- Order your copy of Falling to Fly, a true story about survival and jungle visions https://www.amazon.ca/Falling-Fly-ebook
- Book your healing retreat at http://www.lovehealforgive.com/
- Visit https://www.animalsathome.ca/ for their Podcast and more
- Make a one-time or monthly donation directly to the ARC charity at http://amazonrainforestconservancy.com/donate/
What else you need to know
- ARC is volunteer driven! Funds received are directed to land conservation work.
- ARC has no paid staff.