We started making this smoothie when Fynn was just starting to try real foods, he was about six months old just in love with this winter recipe. It’s a great alternative to baby foods and if you use reusable pouches with your kids then you can make a double batch then freeze any leftovers for when your on the go.
Let’s take a look at today’s ingredients:
- 1 Persimmons: Opens our sacral chakra, rich in health promoting nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that are vital for optimum health.
- 1 Apple: Extremely rich in important antioxidants, flavanoids, and dietary fiber. The phytonutrients and antioxidants in apples may help reduce the risk of developing cancer, hypertension, diabetes, and heart disease.
- 1 Frozen Banana: High in fibre, both soluble and insoluble. Heart healthy food, eases digestion, powerhouse of nutrients, helps fight anaemia.
- Cinnamon: Can lower blood sugar levels, reduce heart disease risk factors and has a plethora of other impressive health benefits.
- Chia Seeds: Excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, rich in antioxidants, and they provide fiber, iron, and calcium. Omega-3 fatty acids help raise HDL cholesterol, the “good” cholesterol that protects against heart attack and stroke.
- Hemp Seeds: 1 tablespoon contains 166 calories, 9.47 g of protein, 14.62 g of healthy fats, 2.6 g of carbohydrates (including 1.2 g of fiber), 21 milligrams (mg) of calcium, 2.38 mg of iron, 210 mg of magnesium and 495 mg of phosphorus.
- Maca Root: Increases energy levels, vitality and endurance, healthy sexual function and libido, reduced anxiety and stress, promotes healthy brain function and balancing of hormone levels.