Happy Friday, this is our second spring recipe of the season and last Friday before we begin Elemental Growth’s Spring Clean Group Coaching Event. This is a 28 day event that I host online for our members and readers. The Facebook Group is free and includes a lineup of keynote speakers and your Spring Free Food & Medicine Guide.
Crepes are one of Fyn’s favorite snacks anytime of the day, our Boxer Wali also loves these gluten-free, 3-ingredient, plant-based breakfast. The best part is you can make a big batch to use as desired for up to a week, or you can cook them all and store leftovers, if there is any, in your freezer for weeks to come.
2 cups gluten-free flour, 2 cups plant-based milk (or water), 2 mashed bananas, salt and cinnamon (optional).
Blend roasted, unsalted peanuts until desired texture, you can add other nuts seeds, cocoa, or natural sweeteners as you desire but from my experience simply is best.
Chia Seed Jam
Blend 2 cups of chopped fruit, 1 tbsp. lemon juice and 1 tbsp. maple syrup, and 2 tablespoons chia seeds. Chill overnight. This recipe lasts 1 week in the fridge.
Experiment with a mashed avocado topped with hemp seeds, mashed banana with cinnamon, coconut whipped cream or some of our other DIY condiments.
Let’s take a look at today’s ingredients:
- Gluten-Free Flour: there are many healthy, gluten-free alternatives to regular or wheat flour available for people with celiac disease, gluten sensitivity or those avoiding gluten for other reasons. Some gluten-free flours have more nutrients than others, making them healthier choices to include in your diet.
- Plant-based milk: Depending on which nut or seed you choose to base your plant milk from it will add a unique signature taste and nutritional qualities. Since the only other ingredient to make plant milk is water, this is also quiet hydrating for every cell in your body.
- Bananas: Bananas contain many important nutrients, moderate blood sugar levels, improve digestive health, aid weight loss, support heart health, and contain powerful antioxidants.
- Unsalted Peanuts: peanuts are a legume and high protein source (26g/100g). They are naturally sweet, especially heated and nutrition powerhouse containing calcium (9%), Iron (25%), Vitamin B-6 (15%), and Magnesium (42%).
- Chia Seeds: Chia Seeds deliver a massive amount of nutrients with very few calories, they are loaded with antioxidants, carbs and fiber. Chia seeds are a plant-based protein (17g), high in omega-3 fatty acids and may help you lose weight. In addition chia seeds are a quality source of calcium (63%), iron (42%), and magnesium (83%).