This is your beginners guide to free food, medicine & beauty organically from nature to you! I have been given this gift to see medicines all around us and today my intention is that in reading this you to will tune into natures messages too ♡ In this guide, you will find a list of my favourite wild foods, medicines and beauty products that are easy to identify, use and grow abundantly just about everywhere.
- Leaves: Stinging Nettles can be cooked like spinach, Dandelion can be added to salads and smoothies, Cannabis is used in baking and as a peppery spice, Purslane is high in essential fatty acids that taste awesome alone and in salads, also Mint which is great in tea/ice water.
- Flowers: Mallow, violet, Calendula, Mint, Fennel, Flax, Borage, Bee Balm, Chamomile, Basil, Hibiscus, Aster and Rose are all very beautiful in salads, ice cubes or candied in honey or sugar.
- Mushrooms: Maitake tastes like chicken, Lions Mane tastes is delicious and has the consistency of crab meat and Chega mushrooms are a great coffee substitute.
- Plants: Stinging Nettles for calcium and minerals, Oat straw for hair, skin, nails and bones, Calendula for skin, lymph and immunity, Violet for vitamin c and beta-carotene, Rose Hips for vitamin c and bio-flavonoids, Dandelion for digestion and detox, Horse Tail for silica, pain and gut health, Holy Basil for inflammation and adaptogenic properties, Gotu Kola for nootropic properties, Cannabis is used as a nutrient booster and for pain management and Milky Oats for alkaloids and adrenals and St. Johns Wart for depression.
- Roots: Dandelion for gut health and detox, Burdock for a gentle detox and lymphatic health and management.
- Mushrooms: Shiitake for immunity, brain health and vitamin c, Reichi for immortality and adaptogenic properties, Turkey Tail as an anti-cancer treatment, Chaga for energy, Lions Mane for nerve growth, repair, mood and cognition, and Liberty Caps which are one type of shamanistic mushrooms that grow wild around the world and used to overcome trauma, addiction and enhance overall quality of life.
Wild Beauty Enhancers
- Plants: Echinacea for skin regeneration, to treat acne and reduce skin inflammation, Comfrey for acne, psoriasis and anti-inflammatory properties, Burdock for psoriasis, acne, boils, and eczema. Thyme is better at clearing acne than Benzoyl Peroxide, Lemon Balm is a refreshing toner for acne-prone or oily skin, Rosemary stimulates blood flow to the skin, Common Plantain contains moisturizing mucilage, Sage darkens hair, Cucumber reduces puffiness, tighten the skin and soothe irritation.
- Flowers: Elderflowers fade freckles, Chamomile is a natural hair lightener, Chickweed reduces redness and itching, Lavender helps to speed up healing in cuts, grazes and burns, Roses & Ladies Mantle contain anti-ageing properties, Yarrow tones the skin and reduces inflammation, and Violets help heal wounds and cuts.
- Berries: Blackberries can be used as eyeliner, strawberries and raspberries as lipstick and mulberries internally as a beauty enhancer.
Sending you good vibes & positivity on your Elemental Growth journey
– Love Ashley
DISCLOSURE: The content of this blog/article is for general instruction only. Each person’s physical, emotional, and spiritual condition is unique. The instruction in this is not intended to replace or interrupt the reader’s relationship with a physician or other professional. Please consult your doctor for matters pertaining to your specific health and diet.
About The Founder
Hi, I’m Ashley Michaud, mother, author and founder of Elemental Growth. My mission is to help those of you ready embrace change and create sustainable lifestyle rituals through healing foods, natural alternatives and holistic practices.
I am the girl that has cleaned up her life, broken through family karma and tapped into her natural flow. Like me you have everything you need to heal yourself and reach each dream you put forth but you don’t have to do it alone. Having your own guide on the side lines can help you breakthrough roadblocks and unleash your true potential.
Certified Reiki Master – Reiki From Love, Usui Method
Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach
Certified Hormone Health Coach
Certified Coaching Master
Training and Education The Institute for Integrative Nutrition, New York City
Be The Change: Your Guide to Elemental Growth
Plant-Powered Menu: Simple Recipes For Busy People
Get Your Copy Free at: http://bit.do/Ebook-and-more
Phone: (705) 956-0647