This is such a simple and refreshing seasonal recipe that includes lemon, maple syrup, frozen strawberries and banana. The best part is that all the ingredients are in season, which mean, local, nutrient-dense, fresh and great deals.
Some additions could include:
- Mint or Lemon Balm
- Chia Seeds
Some variations we like:
- Watermelon instead of strawberries
- Cayenne pepper, no berries
- Lime and strawberry
- Lime, strawberry and mint
- Raspberry, lemon and rosemary
Let’s take a look at today’s ingredients:
- Gluten-Free Flour: there are many healthy, gluten-free alternatives to regular or wheat flour available for people with celiac disease, gluten sensitivity or those avoiding gluten for other reasons. Some gluten-free flours have more nutrients than others, making them healthier choices to include in your diet.
- Plant-based milk: Depending on which nut or seed you choose to base your plant milk from it will add a unique signature taste and nutritional qualities. Since the only other ingredient to make plant milk is water, this is also quiet hydrating for every cell in your body.
- Bananas: Bananas contain many important nutrients, moderate blood sugar levels, improve digestive health, aid weight loss, support heart health, and contain powerful antioxidants.
- Unsalted Peanuts: peanuts are a legume and high protein source (26g/100g). They are naturally sweet, especially heated and nutrition powerhouse containing calcium (9%), Iron (25%), Vitamin B-6 (15%), and Magnesium (42%).
Chia Seed Jam
- Chia Seeds: Chia Seeds deliver a massive amount of nutrients with very few calories, they are loaded with antioxidants, carbs and fiber. Chia seeds are a plant-based protein (17g), high in omega-3 fatty acids and may help you lose weight. In addition chia seeds are a quality source of calcium (63%), iron (42%), and magnesium (83%).
DISCLOSURE: The content of this Recipe Share is for general instruction only. Each person’s physical, emotional, and spiritual condition is unique. The instruction in this is not intended to replace or interrupt the reader’s relationship with a physician or other professional. Please consult your doctor for matters pertaining to your specific health and diet.
Are you stuck in a pattern or habit that is holding you back? Are you trying to eat healthy and uphold a holistic lifestyle but finding it hard to get to keep up the changes? Are you aware that there is more to life than what you have experienced so far? Are you ready to connect with your natural flow and find your Tribe?
Hi, I am Ashley Michaud, Certified Health Coach and Reiki Master. In my book Be The Change: Your Guide to Elemental Growth, I guide you through a year of transformation using nature’s natural cycles. This is a self-guided approach to holistic healing and enables you to create the sustainable health and lifestyle changes you desire. You will learn how to attune yourself to the moon cycles, eat seasonal foods, align to your circadian rhythm and natural flow in life.
After transforming my own family karma, childhood traumas and addictions using plants, self-love and by tuning into nature’s secret messages I have become an attuned Reiki Master, Holistic Practitioner, Health Coach, and Author. I have received advanced training from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition in hormone health, transformational coaching and integrative nutrition. If you are ready to embrace change through nature, love, food and movement this is for you.
Join us for a life changing and inspirational journey when you read Be The Change, the self-help book that uses nature to nurture!
In this book you will:
↠ Discover Your Place in Nature
↠ Embrace Positive Change
↠ Fuel Your Mind, Body & Spirit
↠ Live With Purpose and Passion
↠ Learn Goal-Setting & Accountability
↠ Be Creating The Life You Want
↠ Connect in Deep Meaningful Ways
How to read this book: Send me a message saying that you will leave us your feedback and I will send you an ebook copy to view and review, or preorder by emailing your name, address and number of copies to email@example.com You can also show your support by talking about Elemental Growth with your friends and following me on Instagram @iamelementalgrowth