In winter we often craving warm and comforting foods such, which are often high in simple carbs, gluten and sugar. If you a vegetarian or vegan this can become a bigger challenge because meat, cheese and many condiments are not an option. What’s the alternative?
At my friends baby shower I tried a version of this sandwich for the first time which opened up new opportunity and experimental research from Fynn and I. This sandwich contains many essential nutrients and can be modified to your needs, wants or desires.
Let’s take a look at today’s ingredients:
- Walnuts: Rich in antioxidants, Super plant source of Omega-3s, may decrease inflammation, promotes a healthy gut, supports a healthy weight, may aid in balancing blood sugar.
- Greens: Vitamin K, Protect bones, helps to prevent inflammatory diseases, high in antioxidants, may be one of the best cancer-preventing foods.
- Pears: Rich in important antioxidants, flavonoids, and dietary fiber, Used in treating diverticulosis, inflammation, weight loss, cardiovascular disease, high cholesterol, diabetes, aids digestion, detoxes and fights free radicals.
- Chickpeas: Rich source of vitamins, minerals and fiber, improve digestion, aid weight management and reduces the risk of several diseases. Additionally, chickpeas are high in protein and make an excellent replacement for meat in vegetarian and vegan diets.
- Tahini (Sesame Seed Butter): High in healthy fats and amino acids, great source of essential vitamins & minerals, helps regulate blood pressure & cholesterol, helps to balance hormones, can improve skin health and boosts nutrient absorption.
- Cumin: Promotes digestion, great source of Iron, may help with Diabetes, may improve blood cholesterol, promotes Weight Loss and Fat Reduction, may help with drug dependency.
- Sea Salt: Relieves rheumatoid arthritis, facilitates your entire body including elimination processes, helps to maintain the pH Balance Of Your Body, boosts your immune system, normalizes heartbeat, regulates Blood Pressure, aids Digestion and Weight Loss and balances Blood Sugar.
- Garlic: Contains Potent Medicinal Properties, called Russian pencilion and used to break fevers, kill bugs and more. Garlic can Reduce Blood Pressure, improve Cholesterol Levels and lower the risk of Heart Disease.
- Lemon: Rich source of vitamin C, protects the body from Immune system deficiencies, helps in maintaining the pH balance of the body, antibacterial, helps fight infections and acts as a detoxifying agent.