The chakras are energy centers (nadis) that are located along the spine, they govern different organs, our endraine system and regulate all the hormones in our body. They are also connected to the elements, sound vibration, color, food and so many other things that will have you wondering “how have I never heard of this before?”. By tuning into this system I have not only found balance and healing in my life but I am also blessed with this opportunity to teach and heal others using my accumulated knowledge and experience.
The fourth of the 7 chakras is known as the Heart Chakra, Anahata meaning “unstruct/unhurt”. This is the chakra I connect most with being born an air sign (libra). Air energy is associated to the breath, as well as, connection with nature and a less is more attitude. Anahata is governed by transformation and integration, the heart energy center is the bridge between our inner and outer worlds (upper and lower triangles), the heart is balance itself.
- Being overly defensive
- Feeling run down
- Jealousy; fear of intimacy
- Dependency, relying on others approval and attention
- Giving love to those who do not want it
- Falling into victimization roles
- Excessive isolation/ antisocial
- Holding grudges, not being able to forgive
- Respiratory ailments, such as lung infection, bronchitis
- Circulatory and heart-related issues
- Unconditional love for oneself and others
- Maintaining lasting and healthy relationships
- Compassion, empathy
- Forgiveness, acceptance
- Transformation, change
- Ability to grieve and reach peace
- Center of awareness, integration of insights
- Courage to embrace your authenticity
- Experience a connection with all
- Appreciation of beauty in all things
Balancing this energy center can provide the momentum you need to move forward and realize your full potential as human. It plays a fundamental role in our lives, it’s the bridge between our two brains (mind/gut) as well as our inner and outer worlds. The key message is to love unconditionally. The Heart Chakra is the centre of your body where you connect with your soul. If there is any kind of imbalance or withholding, the energy of love can’t flow freely and you lose a portion of your life force.
Balancing Chakras in daily life
Herbs/Essential Oils: Lavender, Rosemary, Angelica, Frankincense, Ylang ylang, Sandalwood
Gemstones: Quartz Crystal (especially clear/pink), Jade, Green Calcite, Opel
Food: Feed this chakra leafy vegetables like spinach, kale, dandelion greens, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, celery. Leafy herbal teas also keep the heart chakra in balance
Meditation: Express your gratitude, even if it’s in silence; you can be grateful for the presence of other people in your life or simply for good things that make your life easier and happier
Yoga: Camel Pose, Cobra Pose, Spinal Flex, Heart Openers, Prayer, Wheel and Bridge Pose
Affirmations: I breath in love and breath out fear, I love unconditionally, I am loving awareness, I forgive everybody for everything
Nature: Get in the garden, hike or forage food from the forest. Green is everywhere but to feel it with bare feet will really aid the healing process
Explore your roots: Reflect on old wounds inherited from family relationships and come to terms with them compassionately; practice forgiveness deep within your heart
More Connections, In no particular Order
Lotus with 12 petals: Two intersecting triangles forming a 6-pointed star in a circle
Body parts: The heart, lungs, chest, and thymus gland, responsible for hormone production and important in the regulation of the immune system
Planets: Venus, Sun & Moon
Astrological Connection: Libra, Taurus
Animal: Gazelle/Antelope, meaning “I share”
Colour: Green (higher energy frequencies can turn to pink)
The heart chakra rules our emotions and our ability to love, to love ourselves and to love others unconditionally. A healthy heart chakra allows us to feel compassion and empathy for all living things. A dysfunctional heart chakra renders us incapable of real love and leaves us unable to successfully connect in relationships of various kinds or on a variety of levels.
Working with the chakras is a dynamic process of regeneration, when we create balance in chakras (energy centers) we come to trust the divine intelligence of life. When your Restoring the power of your chakras you take your power back and take responsibility for your health and well-being. Practice self-care and love your body up, mix some coconut oil with essential oil and give yourself a massage or hold a yoga pose that opens the heart area. Cultivate self-compassion and acceptance, especially with regards to your emotions and engage in activities that feed your heart.
Sending Love & Positivity,
P.S. If you know someone who is struggling with addictive behaviors and badly wants to manifest positive change but needs some help getting there naturally, here are a couple ways I might be able to help:
- Join Our Weekly Coaching Circles! This is your chance to receive coaching from me and other recovery experts in live time. These Coaching Circles guide you to not only ditch the unhealthy addictions naturally but maintain your recovery for good.
- Get your Be The Change Guidebook for a self-guided approach to getting healthier & wealthier naturally. This is an interactive guidebook that uses nature to nurture the process of change so you can manifest positive change in all areas of your life naturally.
- Join us in Saving The Amazon Rainforest Our NEW Facebook group is an awesome place to connect on Amazonian medicine, climate change, environmental research, education and conservation projects!!!