When willpower isn’t enough to reach the finish line successful people utilize the power of affirmations to help identify and stomp out ANTs (automatic negative thoughts) they have helped thousands of people make significant changes in their lives. There are both positive and negative types of affirmations. I’m sure as a child you may have been told by a teacher/parent that we didn’t have the ability to do something, that was unlucky or clumsy. These statements can stay with us in the conscious or unconscious mind, when we hang on to them they are reinforced throughout our lives. You need to let go of any and all negative thoughts and images that bombard your mind and replace them with new thoughts and images that are positive and stated in the present tense. An affirmation is really anything you say or think and we have the power to retrain our thinking and speaking. We can develop positive patterns if we want to change our lives. A lot of what we normally say and think is quite negative and doesn’t create good experiences for us. Affirmations hold the key to unlocking the Law of Attraction and manifesting your deepest desires.
Affirmations are reminders to your unconscious mind to stay focused on your goals and to come up with solutions to challenges and obstacles that might get in the way. Affirmations are an ancient practice used all over the world by people who speak to a higher spirit. In yoga mantras are like medicine for the soul. Yogi’s suggest that when we select a word or series of words to repeat in the form of a mantra, we are affirming it to ourselves and allowing its meaning to seep below the surface, into our subconscious, helping to shift our negative habits and patterns into positive ones. Below are the top five tip to develop and use mantras that work for you.
- Make a list of what you’ve always thought of as your negative qualities/thoughts “I am broke”, “It’s hard to lose weight”, “I am never going to meet somebody I can love” or “I never catch a break.” Identify where they stem from and release it, it will not serve you.
- Begin listening to recorded affirmation soundtracks on YouTube or purchase some that resonate with you. Do this until you have the habit down, until your comfortable to go on your own and then write a list of all your favorites. Include; virtues you admire, desires and goals. Write “I am…” statements that describe a goal in its already completed state.
- Write, evaluate and rewrite affirmations monthly and speak them daily. You may feel huge resistance as you do it. Maybe you won’t believe a thing, feel discouraged, think it’s weird, but do it. Speak them in the mirror before brushing your teeth in the morning and then again before bed in the form of a gratitude.
- Experiment with Sanskrit sacred words of empowerment, Sanskrit is considered by some linguists to be the “perfect language,” as its correct pronunciation evokes a unique vibration in the Universe, placing into motion whatever you are trying to manifest through your mantra. Chanting the sound OM brings us into harmonic resonance with the universe – this is a scientific fact! OM is said to vibrate at 432 Hertz, which is the natural musical pitch of the Universe, as opposed to 440 Hertz, which is the frequency of most modern music.
- Take action and occupy yourself with activities that will increase your happiness or enhance your life, such as exercise, learning a new skill, or reading. Put forth the energy you want, the universe can only provide you what you are capable of and if you have big dreams then you have to work your way up, you will get there, it’s in you to accomplish whatever it is you want in life.
Thoughts change as you reprogram your mind and you move from the concept of the affirmation to a real, positive embodiment of what you seek. “All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become.” ~Buddha. Our self-talk is programming ourselves for our statements to be true. To see the magic unfold make sure to take 5 to 10 minutes every day to repeat your affirmations – preferably out loud with high energy and enthusiasm. The best times are early morning and right before you go to bed. You need to pay attention to your thoughts so that you can begin to eliminate the ones that no longer serve you, that may have never served you. Affirmations are like seeds planted in soil, poor soil, poor growth – rich soil, abundant growth. The more you choose to think thoughts that make you feel good, the quicker the affirmations work.
More on ANT THERAPY at: ANT Therapy | American Holistic Health Association
Sending Love & Positivity,
P.S. If you know someone who is struggling with addictive behaviors and badly wants to manifest positive change but needs some help getting there naturally, here are a couple ways I might be able to help:
- Join Our Weekly Coaching Circles! This is your chance to receive coaching from me and other recovery experts in live time. These Coaching Circles guide you to not only ditch the unhealthy addictions naturally but maintain your recovery for good.
- Get your Be The Change Guidebook for a self-guided approach to getting healthier & wealthier naturally. This is an interactive guidebook that uses nature to nurture the process of change so you can manifest positive change in all areas of your life naturally.
- Join us in Saving The Amazon Rainforest Our NEW Facebook group is an awesome place to connect on Amazonian medicine, climate change, environmental research, education and conservation projects!!!