This is such a simple, filling and uplifting meal. It has everything, including the rainbow and even the kids will enjoy it. Simply chop and massage your kale with olive oil and Himalayan sea salt. Add some red onion, carrot, yellow pepper, broccoli, raisins, purple garlic, cooked rice/quinoa, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, sunflower seeds and mix it all up.
For the dressing we mix one mashed avocado, Himalayan sea salt, apple cider vinegar and maple syrup. We the top it off with some DIY purple sauerkraut.
We love making homemade sauerkraut and find it tastes so good mixed with the avocado in this salad. Sauerkraut is easy to make and loaded in probiotics (by definition meaning “life force”) which help heal and maintain a healthy gut biome. This recipe and more can be found at www.elementalgrowth.org/Recipe-Share.
Let’s take a look at today’s ingredients:
Rainbow Kale Salad
- Kale: kale is among the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet, an excellent source of antioxidants and vitamin C. Kale may also reduce your risk of heart disease.
- Olive Oil: rich in healthy monounsaturated fats, contains a large amount of antioxidants, has strong anti-inflammatory properties, is preventative at many diseases including heart disease and obesity. Olive oil is only this good if its temperature stays below 350F.
- Himalayan Sea Salt: detoxifies the body by balancing systemic pH, improves hydration by providing trace minerals, improves mineral status of the body, reduces muscle cramps, and helps balance blood sugar.
- Red Onion: loaded with antioxidants, contain cancer-fighting compounds, help control blood sugar, may boost bone density, has antibacterial properties, and may boost digestive health.
- Carrots: rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber. They contain high amounts of vitamin A, antioxidants, and other nutrients. Evidence suggests that eating more antioxidant-rich fruits and vegetables, such as carrots, can help reduce the risks of cancer and cardiovascular disease.
- Bell Peppers: rich in vitamin C and other antioxidants. Bell peppers start off green and as they ripen turn colors, such as yellow, orange and red.
- Broccoli: good source of fibre and protein, and contains iron, potassium, calcium, selenium and magnesium as well as the vitamins A, C, E, K and a good array of B vitamins including folic acid. Broccoli sprouts may also be used in this recipe and almost triple the nutrient-content of this superfood.
- Raisins: packed with energy and rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Raisins are naturally sweet and high in sugar and calories, but they’re beneficial to our health when eaten in moderation because they can aid digestion, boost iron your levels, and keep your bones strong.
- Garlic: garlic, especially raw garlic has the potential to reverse disease, kill cancer, stop hair loss, lower cholesterol, stop an infection and even more.
- Brown Rice: rich in B vitamins, folic acid, iron, and magnesium, a mineral that is involved in more than 300 biological functions. Also, gluten-free.
- Quinoa: higher in fiber than most grains, gluten-free, very high in protein – with all the essential amino acids, and has a low glycemic index.
- Pumpkin Seeds: or pepitas, are full of valuable nutrients, high in antioxidants, may reduce your risk of certain cancers, improves heart, prostate and bladder Health, very high in magnesium, can lower blood sugar levels, and full of Fiber.
- Flax Seeds: loaded with nutrients, high in omega-3 fats, rich source of lignans – which may reduce your cancer risk, rich in fiber, contain high-quality protein.
- Sunflower Seeds: rich in the B complex vitamins, which are essential for a healthy nervous system, and are a good source of phosphorus, magnesium, iron, calcium, potassium, protein and vitamin E. They also contain trace minerals, zinc, manganese, copper, chromium, carotene and healthy fats.
- Avocado: this superfood contain more potassium than bananas, is loaded with heart-healthy fatty acids and fiber. Eating avocados can lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels, also, contains essential nutrients for pregnant women and infants.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: has many, many wonderful benefits and uses – this is what we call a top ten herbalist treatments in the world. ACV can help lower blood sugar levels. By its very nature, ACV can regulate healthy blood sugar levels in the body, which is great for those with Type Two Diabetes. Apple cider vinegar can also increase the good cholesterol so you maintain a healthy heart and cardiovascular system. Purchase fermented/unpasteurized ACV.
- Maple Syrup: contains many natural antioxidants, several are newly identified antioxidant compounds that are reported to have anti-cancer, anti-bacterial, and anti-diabetic properties. Maple syrup also contains anti-inflammatory compounds. In addition, maple sap is also a powerhouse for health benefits
- Sauerkraut: contains many nutrients important for optimal health, improves your digestion, boosts your immune system, may help you lose weight, helps reduce stress, maintain brain health, may promote heart health and contributes to stronger bones.
DISCLOSURE: The content of this Recipe Share is for general instruction only. Each person’s physical, emotional, and spiritual condition is unique. The instruction in this is not intended to replace or interrupt the reader’s relationship with a physician or other professional. Please consult your doctor for matters pertaining to your specific health and diet.
Are you stuck in a pattern or habit that is holding you back? Are you trying to eat healthy and uphold a holistic lifestyle but finding it hard to get to keep up the changes? Are you aware that there is more to life than what you have experienced so far? Are you ready to connect with your natural flow and find your Tribe?
Hi, I am Ashley Michaud, Certified Health Coach and Reiki Master. In my book Be The Change: Your Guide to Elemental Growth, I guide you through a year of transformation using nature’s natural cycles. This is a self-guided approach to holistic healing and enables you to create the sustainable health and lifestyle changes you desire. You will learn how to attune yourself to the moon cycles, eat seasonal foods, align to your circadian rhythm and natural flow in life.
After transforming my own family karma, childhood traumas and addictions using plants, self-love and by tuning into nature’s secret messages I have become an attuned Reiki Master, Holistic Practitioner, Health Coach, and Author. I have received advanced training from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition in hormone health, transformational coaching and integrative nutrition. If you are ready to embrace change through nature, love, food and movement this is for you.
Join us for a life changing and inspirational journey when you read Be The Change, the self-help book that uses nature to nurture!
In this book you will:
↠ Discover Your Place in Nature
↠ Embrace Positive Change
↠ Fuel Your Mind, Body & Spirit
↠ Live With Purpose and Passion
↠ Learn Goal-Setting & Accountability
↠ Be Creating The Life You Want
↠ Connect in Deep Meaningful Ways
How to read this book: Send me a message saying that you will leave us your feedback and I will send you an ebook copy to view and review, or preorder by emailing your name, address and number of copies to firstname.lastname@example.org You can also show your support by talking about Elemental Growth with your friends and following me on Instagram @iamelementalgrowth