The chakras are energy centers (nadis) that are located along the spine, they govern different organs, our endraine system and regulate all the hormones in our body. They are also connected to the elements, sound vibration, color, animals and so on. Having been trained as Reiki Master and practicing Yoga daily for many years I have not only found balance and healing in my life but I am also blessed to teach and heal others using my accumulated knowledge and experience.
The first of the 7 chakras is known as the 1st or Root Chakra, the Muladhara (root support). Although each chakra serves an important purpose the root chakra is suggested to be the most important because it is the Chakra that connects us to our physical world and governs over our physical energies, giving us a sense of safety and security with other people and ourselves.
It is important to balance this chakra first before balancing the others, from an energetic stand-point, as it is widely believed that this is where we draw our life force energy from and supports every other chakra. Like anything you must have a good foundation in order to function properly.
- Deficient, not enough energy or excessive, too much energy
- Arthritis, constipation, knee issues, sciatica
- Holding onto weight/relationships
- Low self-esteem
- Fear, anger
- Valuing oneself
- Centered, grounded, Stable
- Clarity, acceptance
- Courage, release
A root chakra imbalance can throw your whole system out of order, leaving you feeling ungrounded and uncomfortable. Everyone, at some point in their lives, has struggled with a root chakra imbalance. This chakra is located at the base of the spine where the kundalini lays dormant when we awaken the kundalini energy we establish harmony within ourselves and can face our childhood and all the years into our early 20’s. These memories are imprinted in the subtle body and some are passed down from generations, it is our responsibility to own our lives and bring to light that which is unconscious and holding us back.
Balancing Chakras in daily life:
- Aromatherapy/Essential Oils: Sandalwood, Cedar, Rosewood, Ginger, Cloves, Black pepper, Rosemary. The root chakra is associated with smell so working with scents is a powerful tool when working with this chakra.
- Gemstones: Garnet, Red jasper, Black tourmaline, and Bloodstone. The power of these stones is often invoked by placing them over the chakra.
- Food: that is naturally red automatically influence your root chakra because of its association with the color red (red food is usually packed with vitamin C too). Protein-rich foods help to ground you and give you physical strength, which then helps to boost emotional strength and root vegetables like beets, garlic, and potatoes because they grow in the soil and link to the earth.
- Meditation: The seed mantra is Lam, which represents the earth element. With practice you will be able to achieve this relaxed peace easily and quickly. It is important that you have a quiet place to do this where you will not be disturbed. Remember to turn off the phone or other things that may distract you. Many meditators concentrate on the image of a glowing red orb at the base of the spine.
- Yoga: Moving frog pose, Goddess pose, Squats, Child’s pose, Downward dog, Hip thrust, Forward bend. Yogis are more focused on the muladhara than anything else because if you stabilize this, the rest is easy to create. When doing asanas, people often burst out laughing and crying. Most yogis just use a few simple postures to break the limitations of who they are but you may also want to experiment with Yoni//Kegels/Mula Bandha, these create root lock which clears blockages so energy can move freely.
- Affirmations: can be combined with yoga poses, or try holding one of your root chakra stones while saying an affirmation. Some people also like to write their affirmations down, placing them in a prominent place as they continue daily chakra work.
- Nature: is grounding so incorporate earth-related activities like cooking healthy, drink herbal tea, go hiking, gardening, walk barefooted, play in dirt or lean on a tree for 3-11 min with a mindful breath. Fall in love with nature, Muladhara is associated with the earth element and directly linked to your ability to dig in and feel firmly rooted in your life.
- Explore your roots: fears stem from your inner beliefs, grudges, and unresolved pain. Take time to reflect on the root of your fears in a journal or with a trusted friend, partner or therapist. Personal development and self actualization is so helpful and there are many resources out there today to help you.
- The 4 petal lotus flower: In the symbolic picture of the Muladhara Chakra there is a Lotus with four petals. These represent the four functions of the psyche: mind (Manas), intellect (Buddhi), consciousness (Chitta) and ego (Ahamkara) – all of which originate in this Chakra.
- Body parts: associated with the feet, legs, bones, intestines, adrenals, 26 vertebrae in the spine, Anus and large intestine which eliminate toxins.
- Other: Planets: Saturn/Earth, Tarot: Pentacles/Stones, Animal: elephant, Colour: Red
Working with the chakras is a dynamic process of regeneration, when we create balance in chakras (energy centers) we come to trust the divine intelligence of life. When your root chakra is healthy, you will find it simple to be your authentic self finding the peace that is always here in the present moment easier to connect to. The main idea is to work at growing your ”roots” in a safe and comfortable environment. Muladhara is the most instinctual of all chakras, it is your survival center (your fight and flight response) your primal, animal nature. It connects us with spiritual energies of our ancestors, their challenges and their triumphs. Trust the process it will become easier, don’t overthink it. Just breathe and begin to feel confident, stable and present as you tap into your own renewable energy via a balanced root chakra.
Are You Ready to Be the Change???
I am inspired to help you by making this an interactive place so if you have something to share, have questions or subjects you would like to talk about simply leave it comments down below. Sending you good vibes & positivity on your Elemental Growth journey, it’s all happening!!!
– Your Friend Ashley
- Reiki From Love, Usui Method
The content I create is for general instruction only. Each person’s physical, emotional, and spiritual condition is unique. The instruction in this is not intended to replace or interrupt the reader’s relationship with a physician or other professional. Please consult your doctor for matters pertaining to your specific health and diet.
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Hi, I’m Ashley Michaud, mother, author and founder of Elemental Growth. My mission is to help those of you ready embrace change and create sustainable lifestyle rituals through healing foods, natural alternatives and holistic practices.
I am the girl that has cleaned up her life, broken through family karma and tapped into her natural flow. Like me you have everything you need to heal yourself and reach each dream you put forth but you don’t have to do it alone. Having your own guide on the side lines can help you breakthrough roadblocks and unleash your true potential.
Certified Reiki Master – Reiki From Love, Usui Method
Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach – IIN
Advanced Certifications in
Hormone Health Coach & Coaching Mastery
Training & Education The Institute for Integrative Nutrition, NYC
If you’d like support me, follow these links
✩ Patreon (Monthly) – https://www.patreon.com/elementalgrowth
✩ PayPal (One Time Donations) – paypal.me/elementalgrowth
✩ My Amazon affiliate link (clicking this link before placing any Amazon order gives me a commission): https://amzn.to/2IVza8L
If you wish to follow me, I am active on these social media channels
✩ Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/elementalgrowth
✩ Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/iamelementalgrowth
✩ Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/iamelementalgrowth
Here is my website
You can reach me here for Elemental Growth coaching!