The chakras are energy centers (nadis) that are located along the spine, they govern different organs, our endraine system and regulate all the hormones in our body. They are also connected to the elements, sound vibration, color, animals and so on. Being a Reiki Master and dedicated Yogi I have not only found balance and healing in my life but I am also blessed to teach and heal others using my accumulated knowledge and experience.
The second of the 7 chakras is known as Sacral Chakra, the Svadhishthana meaning “one’s own”. Svadhisthana is known for creativity and sexual and its energy is characterized by flow and flexibility. The function of the sacral chakra is directed by the principle of pleasure, it is located above the pubic bone and it encompasses the genital region. When we are being open and creative in our daily life we open the doors to this energy and by maintaining a healthy sexual life, honoring and respecting your body we can get in touch with our emotions and see if there are any feelings you’re holding onto. When we make a commitment to this process we begin to channel those emotions in a healthy way.
- Emotional instability, anger, guilt, shame
- Jealousy, shallow behavior
- Depression, fail to deal with life’s changes
- Poor boundaries, addiction, fear of change
- Can’t keep emotions and ability in balance
- Feel insecure, lack self-confidence
- Sexual dysfunction including fertility issues
- Intimacy, sexuality, romance, sensual
- Passion and creativity
- Money, energy, and pleasure flow into your life easily
- Feelings of wellness, abundance, pleasure, and joy
- Curiosity, desire, engagement
- Present in their body, connected to your feelings
- Feeling emotionally stable
The key message of this chakra is to free yourself from your scars. Svadhishthana houses repressed negative emotions such as emotional and sexual abuse, neglect and manipulation. This is a time to ask yourself “how do I feel about yourself?” and “Do I feel guilty for the habits I have?” Opening your sacral chakra allows you to “feel” the world around and in yourself. It is an important chakra at the foundation of our feeling of well-being and is instrumental in developing flexibility in our life. Associated with the water element, it’s characterized by movement and flow in our emotions and thoughts. It supports personal expansion and the formation of identity through relating to others and to the world.
Balancing Chakras in daily life:
Aromatherapy/Essential Oils: Ylang ylang, Sandalwood, Clary Sage, Rose, Jasmine
Gemstones: Amber, Calcite orange, Carnelian, Hematite
Food: Associated with the tongue, taste and sexuality aphrodisiac foods are commonly eaten, as well as yellow colored produce, nuts for their strength and flow properties, and seeds like flax, poppy, sesame, hemp, pumpkin and sunflower which are all therapeutic for the sacral chakra.
Meditation: Meditate on the act of emotion, fluids in the body. Take a bath or jump in the ocean, soak in the water. The seed mantra for Svadhishana is Vam and the vital breath of the chakra is Prana.
Yoga: 5 tibetans, Cobra, Seated circles, Frog, Yogi lotus, Warrior, Bound angel, Sun salutation, Hip opening postures
Affirmations: Can be combined with yoga poses, or try holding one of your chakra stones while saying an affirmation. Some people also like to write their affirmations down, placing them in a prominent place as they continue daily chakra work.
Nature: Governed by element water, this energy center offers direct access to flow, flexibility, and fun. Play in the rain, take a bath, sit on the lake and drinking clean/spirit water are all amazing ways to tune in and find balance.
Explore your roots: Learning to let go of unhealthy emotions, people and memories is empowering, when we begin letting go of our negative emotional baggage we make space for positive energy and begin to see the opportunities for us to live our fullest potential as human
Lotus with six petals and crescent moon: The moon represents the connection of the energy of the moon with water. These symbols point to the close relationship between the phases of the moon and the fluctuations in the water and the emotions.
Body parts: Kidney, Reproductive system, Bladder, Genitals, Pelvis, Blood and various external and internal secretions.
Other: Planets: celestial ocean (the milky way), Tarot: cups, Animal: the light grey or green makara (crocodile), vehicle of the god Varuna, lord of the sea, Colour: Orange and brown
Working with the chakras is a dynamic process of regeneration, when we create balance in chakras (energy centers) we come to trust the divine intelligence of life. When your sacral chakra is healthy you discover the physical and mental signs of blocked energy and how you may benefit from aligning it. In working with this chakra, you will address your relationship with both others and yourself. You will also discover that you have infinite creative power, learn how to cultivate a healthy relationship and gain insight into your default reactions and deepest emotions. When we learn how to express yourself more skillfully, we begin setting healthy boundaries and the process of acceptance that everything is as it should be.
Sending Love & Positivity,
P.S. If you know someone who is struggling with addictive behaviors and badly wants to manifest positive change but needs some help getting there naturally, here are a couple ways I might be able to help:
- Join Our Weekly Coaching Circles! This is your chance to receive coaching from me and other recovery experts in live time. These Coaching Circles guide you to not only ditch the unhealthy addictions naturally but maintain your recovery for good.
- Get your Be The Change Guidebook for a self-guided approach to getting healthier & wealthier naturally. This is an interactive guidebook that uses nature to nurture the process of change so you can manifest positive change in all areas of your life naturally.
- Join us in Saving The Amazon Rainforest Our NEW Facebook group is an awesome place to connect on Amazonian medicine, climate change, environmental research, education and conservation projects!!!