Winter is a season of recovery and preparation. - Paul Theroux
I am so happy to be posting my first entry of the new year. First on my list today is helping you prepare yourself to achieve at your Winter Resolutions. Did you know that out of all the people who make new year’s resolutions there are a mere 8% that succeed at keeping them.
There are common resolutions such as quitting smoking, losing weight, making more money and also personal ones like blogging every week for a year. Once you set your goal you have to break things down to ensure you beat the odds and succeed despite them. Keep in mind that what I am giving you is an outline, a path and it’s up to you to personalize and make what I am teaching you your own.
To start you must take personal responsibility for every circumstance in your life, this new year is extra special because it’s 20/20 – the year of vison. Begin breaking down the year (annual, seasonal, monthly, weekly). Then mark each milestone you set for yourself in your google calendar so I hold yourself accountable.
I personally do a personal check-in twice a month during the new / full moon cycle. On the new moon I make a desktop wallpaper with quotes and images that inspire the changes I wish to manifest in my life, and on the full moon I release what no longer serves me during my full moon ritual. You can take this method as far as you want creating monthly/weekly and even daily check-ins if you think that it will work better for you.
On your path to success you may run into some bad habits like negative self talk or a relapse. The best thing to do when this happens is to crowd out bad habits with good habits. For example, if you hear a voice telling you that you can’t do something, question it by asking yourself “where’s the proof?” or “what’s the truth?”. For example, if you slip up on your diet one day and eat a whole bag of chips, practice self-love and persistence by accepting your flaws, realizing that it doesn’t change your goal and then add in some yummy superfoods that you could be eating more of.
Most resolutions are about lifestyle changes not immediate results, these things take time, patience, persistence and your presence, so just trust the process and believe that you will progress more and more each day. This brings me into empowering and rewarding yourself. This is the right year for you to take back your power and channel it to make your dreams come true. Now is the right time to take notes of your progress and say “good job!!!” to yourself when you accomplish something or “thank you” to yourself when you honor your boundaries. This small shift has changed my life and I know it will make a difference in your too.
It’s easy to put off healthy & wealthy habits but taking time to revaluate our lifestyles is part of the journey to success. Although it’s hard to break-free of old habits, a healthy lifestyle can give you more energy, improve mental health, and can increase your abilities to live your full potential. Creating your ideal lifestyle will take the same steps as it took to get where you are now – mainly consistency. Let’s take a look at my top 5 healthy lifestyle habits for 2020:
- Diet: the average north-American diet consists of pizza, fried and processed foods, whereas a healthy diet consists of mono/poly-unsaturated fats (healthy fats), whole grains, fermented foods, local produce and organic protein/animal products. Avoiding refined and processed foods is key, everything we ingest gives instructions to our cells and determines how we function as human beings.
- Exercise: find something you enjoy walking, hiking, yoga, dance, lifting, martial arts it doesn’t matter just get active and have fun with it. Exercising for 20-40 minutes in the morning will lower your cortisol (stress hormones which is at its peak in the morning) and keep it down for the rest of you day helping you manage stress much easier.
- Sunlight: getting in nature and soaking up at least 10 minutes of sunlight a day will give your body a burst of vitamin d and enhance your mood. Take some deep breaths and be present for at least 3 minutes, in the summer I also recommend walking in bare feet to really ground yourself with the earth.
- Self-love: getting 7-8 hours of sleep each night is super important. Some other things to consider is making time to wright morning pages (http://juliacameronlive.com/basic-tools/morning-pages/), journaling, taking a bath, cooking with your kids and just taking the time to do you – schedule this time in your calendar as if its a meeting with yourself, it is the most important meeting you will have.
- Mantra: Enjoy the process and believe you will progress more each day.
Winter is the time for planting seeds, germinating thoughts, feelings, and beliefs that will grow as you do. It is time to renew your beliefs so that you can change, transform and create the reality you desire. This time of the year is designed to help you reach your goals, so take the time to start your new year right, so dive in my friend!!!
Also, to get some additional accountability join our tribe at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/elementalgrowth/
Health & Wealth Intake: www.elementalgrowth.org/be-the-change
Become a Certified Coach: https://geti.in/2FtkHyO
The content I create is for general instruction only. Each person’s physical, emotional, and spiritual condition is unique. The instruction in this is not intended to replace or interrupt the reader’s relationship with a physician or other professional. Please consult your doctor for matters pertaining to your specific health and diet.
Ashley began her journey emerged in the hospitality and tourism industry. Seeking change inspired by the greats she took responsibility for her health and lifestyle. She reclaimed herself and is now the hero of her own story. While a student in nutrition school she saw value in not only helping herself but sharing all of what helped her with others. What started as a small online challenge that has now blossomed into a published guidebook we call Be The Change: Your Guide to Elemental Growth.
In her book, Ashley breaks down each season into categories such as seasonal foods, the moon cycles, circadian rhythm, fitness and self-love activities so that others can guide themselves to be the change they wish to manifest in their own life. As a health coach, Ashley does not heal her clients but instead open them up to the answers they seek, provides them clear direction and holds each person accountable for the goals they have. As she always says “it’s all possible when you believe it’s all happening!!!”
✩ Certified Reiki Master / Teacher
✩ Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach
✩ Certified Hormone Health Coach
✩ Certified Coaching Master
✩ Reiki From Love, Tiny Township, Ontario
✩ The Institute for Integrative Nutrition, New York City
✩ High Impact Coaching, Professional Training
✩ American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP)
✩ Board of Directors: Amazon Rainforest Conservancy
SUPPORT MY WORK
✩ Patreon (Monthly) – https://www.patreon.com/elementalgrowth
✩ PayPal (One Time Donations) – paypal.me/elementalgrowth
✩ Amazon Rainforest Conservancy – https://elementalgrowth.org/arc/
✩ Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/elementalgrowth
✩ Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/iamelementalgrowth
✩ Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/iamelementalgrowth